Saturday, November 28, 2009

Burda 9/2009 #105/106, take 1

In the September Burda issue, there is this shirt (106, too many ruffles):
and this shirt (105, nice but not special):

I wanted the plain fit of 105 but the ruffles on 106. In theory, the result is what I'd love to wear. Ruffles, gray, and fitted. But I think this will end up a wadder. I'm going to wait a few days and see how I feel about it.

I didn't need to make a petite adjustment in the upper bust. The dart now falls above the rack and there is a bit of fabric pulling in the top of the shirt.

The buttonholes turned out to be a mess because with three layers of shirting for the ruffles, I didn't need to put in interfacing after all. They don't look so bad buttoned, and if you don't stare at my chest (ahem)...

But I don't think this will stand up to more than a few washes.

Add this to the fact that the fabric was fragile and bruised and run in a few places. Here's a bruise on one of the shirt cuffs.

And a loose thread that turned into a run on the shoulder.

I think I'll try again but with a few changes...

1 comment:

  1. I love how you combined the two patterns. The ruffles are lovely! Sorry about how fragile the fabric is... it looks so soft and subtle.