Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another pair of skinnies: Burda 08-2009-127

This is my third pair of pants made from Burda 08-2009-127.  The first pair I made are red cotton sateen, the second pair are denim, and this pair is wool ponte.  These are more like the first pair, as in they are cuffed.

I love this pattern because of the way the seat fits.  Simplicity 3850 used to be my skinny pant pattern, but we broke up after the red pants.  It's nothing against Simplicity.  I actually prefer the legs on the Simplicity pattern over the legs on this one.  I liked the Simplicity pattern because I thought it fit me well in the back, all until I realized that it was giving me what the Fashion Incubator calls mono-butt.  While mono-butt may be the current look in the designer jeans and RTW world, it's not very comfortable.  I didn't know what I was missing out on until I'd made these Burda pants.  And once I knew... well, I can't go back.  You can have skinnies that are also comfortable.  Go figure!

I've worn these twice to work already, the fabric has amazing resiliency.  I wish I had more of it, I would make a dress too. 
Burda 08-2009-127 in black wool ponte, front view

Burda 08-2009-127 in black wool ponte, back view


Burda 08-2009-127 in black wool ponte, side view

13 comments:

  1. Those look great. I just bought some skinny jeans and after reading this realize I don't have to live with monobutt. I am returning them and making my own! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic! I've been contemplating skinny pants. I'll have to haul out my Burdas to check this pattern out. They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your pants. I have had nothing but trouble making pants because I can't get them to fit properly. I may try this pattern. They remind me of JCrew Minnie Pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent pants and they look so comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic on you! Its a beautiful pattern with a nice hip curve, and the fabric plays really well with the pattern and your body. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these *are* really flattering from behind. They look very RTW, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great fitting pair of pants for you! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo... very nice! Those look great on you! I have pretty muscular legs and have stayed away from skinny pants, but I may be reconsidering... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing fit! You look fantastic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those fit so well. I am impressed with your ability to wear straight/skinny pants. It takes styling skill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great on you! I wish I could wear this style.

    ReplyDelete