I bought this pattern in the fall, thinking I wouldn't have the chance to make and wear it.
After I saw AllisonC's green silk dress, I knew I had to find an occasion for it... and it just so happened that Lee decided to get tickets to go to a New Year's party in DC, so I needed(!) a dress. I sewed this up just in time to leave on December 30th, and haven't had a chance to take photos until now. (It turns out that all those wonky photos meant my camera was dying, and I didn't have a chance to replace it this week.) As always, photos from that night are too facedrunkbooky to post.
The dress came together very quickly, made of gold silk shantung that I bought years and years ago. No major alterations other than shortening it. I wore it with the black tights you see here and a pair of black kitten heels. The party turned out to be a bust, but I got lots of compliments on my dress!
And I decided to keep the muslin, which I made out of multicolored seersucker from the stash. I have a feeling that this dress won't stand up to much washing because the seersucker turned out to be threadbare in some spots, but I guess that's what I can expect from $2/yard fabric from Joann Fabrics. I intended to bring this with me when visiting friends in Puerto Rico, but didn't have time to hem it until after my trip.
Nevertheless, I love how the stripes turned out in the collar and am glad that I cut the front as two pieces on the bias to make chevron stripes in the front. Here is a photo of me, seated, that shows the stripes in the ruffle collar, bodice and skirt.