Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ready for prime time

Hi guys, this happened a lot faster than I thought it would.  Your comments along the way have been most wonderful!

It took 10 muslins to get the top right, which I made up out of an old bedspread (I'll spare you photos) and then this version in poly crepe satin.  I've got swatches of red and gold crepe satin on their way from Mood to pick from.  I decided to choose colors that I would probably want to wear again.  Oh, and I need to figure out what to do about a low back b.ra and get a manicure before I handle real silk (too many calluses from climbing means fabric pulls!) But that should be pretty easy.
This is what I look like if you look down at me (photo taker is much taller than I am.)
 
From the front. 

Please forgive my hair.  What a mess.  Good thing we don't get to see ourselves from the back very often, eh?






And from the side.  I'm pretty happy with my decision to ditch the train.


11 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm so impressed. Other than the train missing, it looks exactly like your inspiration photo! You will look sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cowl drapes are very elegant. I'm so impressed that you made 10 muslins...i would have stopped at about 3. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those deep cowls, very sexy in a sophisticated way. I think the back cowl adds enough interest in the back that the train isn't really needed. Good luck bra shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on it's way! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking great so far. You'll need a very drapey fabric for the final product so the deep cowl at the back sits flat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking gorgeous, does it stay on the shoulders OK or will you be adding lingerie straps - assuming you can find the right underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I actually wore the Kate dress for my wedding this last April. Although most of the model photos don't show it - the dress also came with a thin silk sash which can be a really lovely added touch. I know for me it was hard to keep on the shoulders without any help so I just used tape at the shoulders and also along the sides of the back cowl. I think I also added some tape under the armpits to my stick on bra. We danced and partied a lot, and the fit of the dress didn't cause any problems or wardrobe malfunctions. :) I hope you enjoy the dress you make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! The drape is wonderful - well worth the time the 10 muslins took. And this looks nice in the poly satin, too. The colour is perfect for a wearable muslin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would sew in bra cups on the lining of the top - it looks like it could be taken in a bit more you are so tiny .. I like your idea of the belt .. I have seen some beaded sash's added to bridal wear and that is really a nice touch too. congrats you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete