I bought the jacket pattern almost 8 years ago, cut out the pieces and never made it... when I moved cross states 3 years ago, I threw out the pieces thinking I would never make this jacket. And here we are, I've made it! I sewed the jacket in a size 8 and wonder if I should have sized down to a 6. There is a lot of wearing ease to it, which makes it kind of like a swing jacket and flouncy rather than fitted. It's very well drafted and went together very easily. I had gotten so used to Burda design and instructions that I had forgotten how user friendly Vogue instructions are!
The dress is a mustard yellow rather than the sunshine yellow it appears to be in my photos. This also went together quite easily but the bodice front got stretched out when I reinforced the edge with clear elastic, but I will take it. I should have cut the clear elastic shorter than the sewn edge (the instructions advise you to cut it the same length as the edge and stretch as you sew. I sewed this dress in a size 6, and am very happy with how the sleeves are drafted. The seaming is quite interesting, just a seam in the back armscye and the shoulder, then an underseam, and the draft is very narrow.
I have sewn several other items in the last month (including fixing that gingham dress!) and just need to find the time to take photos and post them. Next up on my plate is mocking up some fitted trousers. I've realized that my TNT skinny pant only really works with very elastic wovens or double knits, so I want to see if I can find a new alternative that works with less forgiving material.