This dress is also short. I shortened the pattern by 2" in my muslin and realized that it would not be an office appropriate dress unless I left the hemline as drafted. The dress in the pictures are a straight from the package hemline length, so if you are not wee like me you'll have to add some length.
There's a lot of up front work with this pattern. The pattern pieces are cut from single thickness fabric, you need to carefully mark the darts and tucks. I think that altogether, this took me about 2 hours to do, because I wanted to be sure I got all the markings right.
This is the result. I made it up in a heavy teal wool jersey that I bought last year from Gorgeous Fabrics. It was amazing to work with, and I think there will be more wool jersey in my future. My muslin was a lighter jersey that draped wonderfully but was a pain to sew. So if you want a slinkier dress, I recommend a lighter jersey but it will be tricky to do the darts and tucks.
|There's a little sagging in the upper chest, but this didn't happen with the lighter jersey.|
|Again, some fabric bulging in the small of my back, but it's the fabric.|
Here's a detail photo on my left side, where some of the tucks match and others are a little bit off. I figured I could drive myself crazy trying to get this perfectly lined up, but that's not the kind of seamstress I am.
|Tuck detail at left side seam.|